Event-Date: Wednesday, September 13th, 2017 to Friday, September 15th, 2017
The second training school of the EUALGAE Action will be held in Almeria (Spain) from 13th to 15th September 2017, coordinated by the University of Almeria as part of the EUALGAE ES1408 COST Action. COST is supported by the EU Framework Programme Horizon 2020.
This is an intensive course about microalgae based processes; on which expertise from academia and industry explain the major aspects of these processes. The course cover all the aspects related with microalgae based processes, from (i) the modelling of strains and light utilization, to (ii) the design and operation of photobioreactors, (iii) harvesting and processing of the biomass to achieve reliable products, and (iv) scale-up to commercial size. Fundamental and practical aspects will be covered always including the participation of young students and the exchange of experiences between the assistants.
The course is oriented towards PhD students or equivalent experience students in microalgae field from whatever fundamental area as microbiology, biology or biological/ biochemical engineering, chemistry and biochemistry. The course is also intended to give those working in the industry an opportunity to upgrade their knowledge in microalgae biotechnology.
EUALGAE COST Action offers:
- 23 grants of 720 €for students from COST countries participating in the Action and
- 7 grants of 400 € for Spanish students (for students from Almeria – 75 €).
There is no registration fee for the course & the students have the opportunity to apply for these grants to partially cover their travel expenses, accommodation and meals.
Applicants should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach in one single document:
- A cover letter with a statement of interest of up to one page, including a description of your research topic
- Short CV including contact data and a list of publications, if any
- 30th of June – Submission of all applications
- 15th of July – Selection and announcement of participants
Find here the programme as well as the application procedure.