The Algarve Centre for Marine Sciences (CCMAR) opens a call for a Junior Researcher (M/F) of any nationality, including stateless candidates under an uncertain term employment contract, within Sistema de Apoio à Investigação Científica e Tecnológica (SAICT) – Call nr 02/SAICT/2017 – Projeto de Investigação Científica e Desenvolvimento Tecnológico (IC&DT), funded by Investment and Structural European Funds (FEEI) – Programa Operacional Regional do Algarve and National Funds (FCT-MEC) under the research project “GreenTreat: An Integrated, Sustainable Process for the Tertiary Treatment of Urban Wastewater using Microalgae in the Algarve region”, ref. ALG-01-0145-FEDER-031567”.
1. PhD in Biotechnology, Biological Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related areas;
2. Proven experience with microalgae cultivation;
3. Experience in using molecular biology techniques;
4. Drivers license valid in Portugal;
5. Experience in supervision of students.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
1. Experience in the use of microalgae for wastewater treatment;
2. Experience in chemical analysis, particularly nutrients in wastewater and macroand micronutrients in the produced biomass;
3. Experience in lipid extraction and biodiesel production and in anaerobical digestion of microalgal biomass;
4. Experience in the identification of prokaryots and unicellular eukaryots using metagenomics;
5. Experience in the use of economical and life-cycle assessment software;
6. Be a vehicle owner;
7. Convenience to work on weekends, if required.
Application Period: Between 5th November 2018 and 26th November 2018.
For further information about the position, application & evaluation processes: Open position at the Algarve Centre for Marine Sciences (CCMAR), Portugal