Last application date: 2018/11/12 23:59
Work place: CENAIM, ESPOL, San Pedro de Manglaralto, Province Santa Elena, Ecuador
Contract: 2019/01/02 – 2020/12/31; 100 %
Degree: Master of Science
Vacancy Type: researcher
Profile of the candidate
We are looking for a candidate fascinated by result-driven academic research and eager to obtain a PhD.
• You have a MSc degree in Marine Sciences, Aquaculture, Biology, Bioscience Engineering, or equivalent.
• You have all requirements to enroll for a doctorate of Ghent University.
• You have a very strong motivation to perform high quality scientific research, publish papers in high-level scientific journals.
• You have experience in and are passionate about marine aquaculture, seaweed culture and/or algal biotechnology.
• You are fluent in Spanish and English (verbally and written).
• You have a diving license and experience in diving.
• You have great communication, social, organization and planning skills and are a good team-player.
• You have a problem-solving attitude and the ability to work independently.
It is a plus if:
• You have obtained scientific publications in high-level journals as author or co-author.
• You are creative, can think out of the box, and have a pioneering spirit.
• You have experience in managing technical staff.
ESPOL offers a two-year appointment, which may be renewed, depending on future research grants, and a monthly salary of USD 2,000-2,200. The researcher will be directly contracted by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). See more information about the project and the vacancy here.
How to apply
Applications must contain the following documents in English and Spanish:
(1) a motivation letter;
(2) a CV including results from master’s degree and publications;
(3) contact details of at least three referees (including the supervisor of your master thesis).
Please send your enquiries and/or applications via e-mail to Prof. Dr. Sofie Van Den Hende, CENAIM, ESPOL, at firstname.lastname@example.org before the 12th of November at 23:59.