Event-Date: Monday, September 24th, 2018 to Tuesday, September 25th, 2018
Venue: CNR- Area di Ricerca di Firenze, Istituto per lo Studio degli Ecosistemi, Florence, Italy
The third training school of the EUALGAE Action will be held in Florence (Italy) from 24th to 25th September 2018, organized by the CNR – Istituto per lo Studio degli Ecosistemi & University of Rome “Tor Vergata” as part of the EUALGAE ES1408 COST Action. COST is supported by the EU Framework Programme Horizon 2020.
Intensive course on the cultivation of microalgae for the production of food, feed, bioenergy and for wastewater treatment. Experts from academia and industry will elucidate the production and extraction of these bio-based products and their future perspectives in our modern society. Fundamental and practical aspects will be covered. Participation of young researchers and the exchange of experiences academia and industries involved in algal production and bioreactor construction is encouraged.
The course is oriented towards PhD students or equivalent experience students and Early Career Investigators (researcher whose career spun less than 8 years between the date of the PhD/doctorate).
Number of participants: 35 (25 grants)
There is no registration fee for the course & the students have the opportunity to apply for grants to partially cover their travel expenses, accommodation and meals. EUALGAE COST Action offers 25 grants as follows:
- 20 grants of 700 € for students from COST countries participating in the Action and
- 2 grants of 50 € for students from Florence (Italy)
- 3 grants of 300 € for Italian students from the rest of Italy
Application for participation and grants:
Applicants should send an email to email@example.com and attach in one single document:
- A cover letter with a statement of interest of up to one page
- Abstract about most relevant aspects of your research topic
- Short CV including contact data and a list of publications, if any
Up to eight abstracts will be accepted for oral presentation whereas others can be presented as posters during the course.
- 31th of July – Submission of all applications
- 24th August – Selection and announcement of participants
Find here the programme.