Course Dates: July 3 – 27, 2017 (4 weeks). 80 hours.
Organizers: Marine Microalgae Biotechnology Group of University of Almería. Chemical Engineering (University of Almería).
Course leader: Emilio Molina Grima
AIM OF THE COURSE
The aim of the course is to provide the basic knowledge, needed skills, analytical and instrumental
procedures to growth microalgae, characterize the biomass, and conceptualize microalgae processes.
The major objective is to explain in clear and simple manner:
1. The needed knowledge and skills for culturing microalgae and cyanobacteria.
2. The fundamentals for designing, setting up, operation and control of photobioreactors (PBRs).
3. The essentials of fluid-dynamics and mass transfer within the PBRs.
4. The major unit operations for harvesting and processing the biomass.
5. The basic principles of techno-economics assessment of microalgal bioprocesses.
• Standard registration: 1,800 EUR
• Early bird registration: 5.5% discount (1,700 EUR) for courses booked before March 30, 2017.
• Possibility of payment in installments (900 EUR x 2)
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION
• Early bird registration (5.5% discount): March 30, 2017
• Standard registration: May 30, 2017
Should you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Study Abroad Summer Program. UNIVERSITY OF ALMERIA
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/studyabroadsummercoursesalmeria • Twitter: @sabroadUAL
For aditional information click HERE